Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
Major exhibition announced by the #design Museum to commemorate the 70th anniversary of Ferrari
The exhibition offers an insight into the life of Enzo #ferrari, unique cars and rarely seen documents. It offers a behind-the-scenes look at the #design, manufacturing and engineering of one of the most iconic car brands on the planet.
The #design Museum in London announces Ferrari: Under the Skin, a major exhibition revealing the fascinating history of the brand. The show, created in collaboration with #ferrari, celebrates 70 years of precision #design, from the launch of the first #ferrari car in 1947 to the latest car production. The exhibition will open on 15 November 2017 and run to 15 April 2018.
The exhibition will provide unique insights into the world of #ferrari, drawing on rarely seen material. This ambitious display will bring together early #design models, drawings, letters and memorabilia as well as some of the most famous Ferraris to be seen on roads and racing circuits around the world. Together, these artefacts and original documents provide an unprecedented study of #automotive #design.
Key exhibits include rare personal memorabilia and archival material relating to Enzo Ferrari’s life, early cars, wind tunnel models and hand-sculpted models in both clay and wood.
Dedicated displays will explore the #design development, engineering and manufacturing of #ferrari together with the company’s phenomenal attention to detail in every element of the cars’ #design. The exhibition will also present Ferrari’s racing #heritage, the ongoing quest for innovation as well as the glamour of their well-known clientele.
The exhibition pays tribute to Enzo #ferrari and his passion for racing which ultimately gave rise to the brand. The son of a manufacturer in Modena, he became a racing driver in 1919 and competed for Alfa Romeo. In 1947, Enzo #ferrari launched his own car – a new, complex 12-cylinder engine designed entirely with performance in mind – a bold move in post-war Italy. His cars soon started to win races and attract a clientele of wealthy and famous patrons, which in turn built the reputation for the brand.
Andrew Nahum, curator of Ferrari: Under the Skin commented:
‘Ferrari’s story has been one of the great adventures of the industrial age. It also represents an absorbing case study in #design and development. #ferrari uses the subtle and often unseen techniques of automobile #design but with the utmost care and precision and the exhibition provides an insight into the history and practice of the whole private world of #automotive #design.’
Ferrari: Under the Skin is a behind-the-scenes look at the #design, the people and the engineering that created one of the most iconic car brands of all time.
32. LaFerrari, 2013
24. ABU DHABI GP F1 2016 - Sebastian Vettel
20. 412 T2 drawing 1995
12. Peter Whitehead in action with the Ferrari 125 F1 The pilot will win the GP of Czechoslovakia in Brno 1949
14. The car is the 156 F1, no. 50; The engine hanging, in the foreground, is 6-cylinder V of 65
19. Side view with the mechanics in the transparency of the first Ferrari car, 125 S. - Gioachino Colombo's project executed in August 1945
11. Ferrari 275 GTB 4 by Scaglietti with Steve McQueen, 1967 Image Courtesy of RM Auctions
8. Enzo Ferrari at the Italian GP, Monza 1961
39. LaFerrari in production
13. Kimi Raikkonen at Russian Grand Prix at Sochi
33. Present Day Manufacturing Detail
1. 125 S is positioned at the entrance of the Ferrari factory, 1947
2. Enzo Ferrari with the 125 S in the courtyard of Fabbrica. At the wheel is Ferdinando Nando Righetti
38. Present Day Manufacturing of the Ferrari California car
3. Enzo Ferrari in Factory, 1947
21. Clay Model of the Ferrari J50, car released in 2016
37. LaFerrari in production
30. Visit to Ferrari - Mick Jagger, leader of the Rolling Stones, on the delivery of his GTO
17. Front View with mechanical transparency of the first Ferrari car, the 125 S. - Project of Gioachino Colombo carried out in August-October 1945
34. Ferrari Enzo, 2002
4. Enzo Ferrari in Factory, 1947 landscape
6. First Ferrari win in a GP valid for the Formula 1 World Championship, 1951
15. Ferrari 166-195 Sport CoupÇ MM Figurino a colori 13
10. Ferrari triumphant parade after the first three seats in Daytona, 1967
29. Rally of the South African Ferrari Clubs on the Kyalami Circuit for the 50th Anniversary Celebration, 1997
31. The Ferrari GTO model that was presented at the Geneva Motor Show in 1984
23. Crafting of clay design model of Ferrari J50
18. F150 design drawing
35. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, 2010
27. Jody Scheckter racing
16. Scuderia Ferrari poster designed to celebrate Scuderia's fourth year of agility 1933
36. The new Wind Gallery for Aerodynamic Tests with 1-3 scale models
22. Close up of clay design model being made of Ferrari J50
25. F1 2007 - 248 F1 with F2007 livery, led by Raikkonen
40.Model resin of 348 TB - The construction of the model is performed with a milling machine automatically controlled by a computer with CAD - CAM system, 1990
26. Grand Prix of China, 2017
9. Enzo Ferrari at the Targa Florio in 1920. - The car is an Alfa Romeo 40-60 HP Racing Type
7. Enzo Ferrari at the entrance of the Ferrari Factory, 1957
5. Enzo Ferrari, 1972
28. Meeting on the 20th Anniversary of the 250 GTO. In the picture deployment of GTOs in the estate of Pierre Bardinon
© Copyright 2017